Privacy statement for the website
§1 Information on the gathering of personal data
- In the following, we inform you about the collection of personal data from you when you visit our website. Personal data are all data that refer to you, e.g. your name, address, e-mail addresses, user behavior.
- Responsible in accordance with Art. 4 subsection 7 of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is
Innovation & Strategy GmbH
You can contact our Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org at our postal address, to the attention of “the Data Protection Officer”.
- When you contact us by e-mail or through a contact form, we save the data you send us (your e-mail address, name and telephone number where applicable), so that we can respond to your questions. We delete the data gathered in this context when it is no longer necessary to store them, or we limit the possibilities to process them if there are statutory retention periods that we have to uphold.
- If we use service providers for any functions in our offering, or if we wish to use your data for advertising purposes, we will inform you below in detail as to the respective procedures involved, also about the criteria for the duration of the data storage.
§2 Your rights
- You have the following rights with regard to us and how we use your personal data:
- The right to be informed,
- The right to correction or deletion of your data,
- The right to restrict the processing of your data,
- The right to object to the processing of your data,
- The right to data portability.
- You also have the right to complain to a data protection supervisory authority about our use of your personal data
§3 The collection of personal data when you visit our website
- If you only use our website for informational purposes, i.e. when you do not register or send us other information, we only save the personal data that your browser sends to our server. When you visit our website, we gather the following data, which we require for technical reasons to display our website to you and to guarantee its stability and safety (the legal basis for this is Art. 6 subs. 1 s. 1 lit. f GDPR):
- IP address
- Date and time of the inquiry
- Time-zone difference to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
- Content of the request (the actual page viewed)
- Access status/HTTP status code
- Data volume transmitted
- Website that the request is coming from
- Operating system and its user interface
- Language and version of the browser software.
- In addition to the data mentioned above, cookies are also stored on your computer when you use our website. Cookies are small text files that are stored on your hard drive, assigned to the browser you use, and through which certain information is passed on to the party installing the cookie (in this case, us). Cookies cannot execute programs or transfer viruses to your computer. They merely serve to make our website more user friendly and effective.
- This website uses the following kinds of cookies, the scope and function of which are explained in the following
- Transient cookies (see b).
- Persistent cookies (see c).
- Transient cookies are deleted automatically when you close the browser. These include in particular session cookies, which store session IDs, with which various requests from your browser can be attributed to the internet session. Through them, your computer can be recognized when you return to our website. The session cookies are deleted when you log out or close the browser.
- Persistent cookies are deleted automatically after a certain period of time, which can vary from cookie to cookie. You can delete the cookies at any time in the security settings of your browser.
- You can configure your browser settings as you wish, for example refusing to accept third-party cookies or all cookies. We point out, however, that if you do, you may not be able to make use of all the functions of our website.
- Flash cookies are not recorded by your browser, but by your Flash plug-in. We also use HTML5 storage objects, which are stored on your computer. These objects store the required data, irrespective of the browser you use, and they do not have an automatic expiry date. If you do not wish the flash cookies to process your data, you have to install an add-on, e.g. “Better Privacy” for Mozilla Firefox (https://addons.mozilla.org/de/firefox/addon/betterprivacy/) or Adobe Flash Killer Cookie for Google Chrome. You can prevent the use of HTML5 storage objects by using the private module in your browser. We also recommend that you regularly delete your cookies and your browser history.
§4 Further functions and offers of our website
- In addition to the purely informational use of our website, we also offer various other services that you can use if interested. For these, you generally have to provide some personal data, for which the GDPR principles mentioned above apply.
- In some cases we use external service providers when processing your data. We choose and commission these service providers carefully. They are bound by our instructions and we monitor them regularly.
- We may also pass your personal data on to third parties when making special offers, for games, contractual signings or similar services offered together with partners. You will receive more information on this when you provide your personal data, or at the bottom in the description of the offer.
- If our service providers or partners have their business seat outside the European Economic Area (EEA), we inform you as to the consequences of this in the description of the offer.
§5 Objecting to or canceling the processing of your data
- If you have given your consent to the processing of your data, you can revoke that consent at any time.
- In as much as we base the processing of your personal data on a balancing of interests, you can object to the processing. This is in particular the case if the processing is not necessary to fulfil a contract with you, which we show in the following description of the function. When making an objection of this kind, please tell us why you don’t want your personal data processed by us. If your objection is justified, we assess the situation and either stop or alter the processing of the data, or give you the obligatory, protected reasons for continuing the processing.
- You can of course object to the processing of your personal data for advertising purposes at any time. You can inform us of your objection to advertising with the following contact details:
Innovation & Strategy GmbH
You can refuse the use of Google Analytics by clicking on the following link. An opt-out cookie will be set on the computer, which prevents the future collection of your data when visiting this website: Disable Google Analytics
Further information concerning the terms and conditions of use and data privacy can be found at http://www.google.com/analytics/terms/gb.html or at https://www.google.de/intl/en_uk/policies/. Please note that on this website, Google Analytics code is supplemented by “gat._anonymizeIp();” to ensure an anonymized collection of IP addresses (so called IP-masking).